Scheduling an eVisit
To help patients stay safe at home, you now have the option to schedule a virtual visit with your own pediatrician. Most appointments can be scheduled as an eVisit, including appointments for respiratory symptoms, injuries, rashes, medication follow-up, and more. Please call our office at 253-383-5777 to determine if an eVisit is right for you.
What is an eVisit?
eVisits are a way for you to video chat with your pediatrician in real time from the comfort of your home. You will need a phone, tablet, or computer with a webcam. You will also need to:
How do I schedule an eVisit?
- Call our office at 253-383-5777 to speak with one of our schedulers. If an eVisit is appropriate, we’ll help you sign up for MyChart (if you don’t already have an account).
- You will receive a link to your eVisit through MyChart.
- About 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, follow the link to begin your eVisit.
Preparing for your eVisit
Most eVisits will require downloading the Zoom app. There may also be forms that need to be completed prior to your appointment. To make the eVisit as useful as possible, please review and follow the instructions in MyChart carefully prior to your scheduled eVisit.
Plan to log in a few minutes early. You will need to have your child with you. Here are a few other things to have ready:
- Your child’s weight and temperature
- A list of specialists your child sees
- Your pharmacy information
- A list of medicines your child takes
How does it work?
During the eVisit your child’s pediatrician will be able to take a history and come up with a plan that is best for your child. The exam will be limited, but with your assistance your pediatrician can still get a lot of useful information. There may be some situations where your pediatrician feels that an in-office evaluation is still needed after the eVisit. If this is the case, you’ll be given instructions on when to arrive in the office. In this instance, you will only be billed for the in-office visit.