Dr. Tanbara started his solo practice in 1954 with the mantra, “Put the patient first”. In 1980, he co-founded Pediatrics Northwest with Dr. Lawrence Larson. They practiced out of a small office in the Tacoma Medical Center on South 11th and L streets and soon moved to the Connemara Building on South 19th and K streets.
- In 1983, the practice had grown to 6 physicians, and the Federal Way office was opened.
- In 1987, the practice consisted of 8 physicians and expanded across the Narrows Bridge into Gig Harbor.
- By 1996, the practice had grown to 14 physicians, including specialists in pediatric and adult allergy/immunology, pediatric pulmonology, pediatric hematology/oncology, pediatric endocrinology and sleep medicine. A second Tacoma office was opened in James Center on Mildred Street.
- Today, Pediatrics Northwest has doubled in size with experienced and skilled providers including general pediatricians, specialists, and nurse practitioners.
In addition to our four main offices, our specialists schedule appointments at Mary Bridge Children’s Health Center – Tacoma and in Chehalis, Centralia, Covington, Olympia, and Puyallup. Pediatrics Northwest is truly a comprehensive pediatric group practice, providing care for children in the entire South Puget Sound region.
Pediatrics Northwest has a long history not only of caring for children in our practice, but also of working to improve the quality of pediatric care in the entire region. Our staff actively participate in community activities that benefit children’s organizations. We also partner with HopeSparks to integrate mental health and wellness as a part of standard pediatric care.
In Memory of Dr. George Tanbara: