What is virtual care?
Virtual appointments allow you to video chat with your pediatrician in real time from the comfort of your home. You will need a phone, tablet, or computer with a webcam. You will also need a MyChart account.
How does it work?
During the virtual visit your child’s pediatrician will be able to take a history and come up with a plan that is best for your child. The exam will be limited, but with your assistance your pediatrician can still get a lot of useful information. There may be some situations where your pediatrician feels that an in-office evaluation is still needed after the virtual visit. If this is the case, you’ll be given instructions on when to arrive in the office. In this instance, you will only be billed for the in-office visit.
Scheduling a virtual appointment
- Call our office at 253-383-5777 to speak with one of our schedulers. If a virtual visit is appropriate, we’ll help you sign up for MyChart (if you don’t already have an account).
- You will receive a message confirming your virtual appointment through MyChart.
- About 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, log in and follow the instructions to begin your virtual visit.
Preparing for your virtual appointment
There may be forms that need to be completed prior to your appointment. To make the visit as useful as possible, please review and follow the instructions in MyChart carefully prior to your scheduled appointment.
Plan to log in a few minutes early. You will need to have your child with you. Here are a few other things to have ready:
- Your child’s weight and temperature
- A list of specialists your child sees
- Your pharmacy information
- A list of medicines your child takes