Today we observe and celebrate Juneteenth. It is our hope that all of us are able to celebrate this day, the significance of it’s meaning and the heroes & heroines who made this day possible!
We have compiled the following resources to help spark discussion and provide more ideas for celebrating and learning about Juneteenth:
- Amanda Gorman, Inaugural Poet, speaks on Race in her beautiful poem, “Talking Gets Us There”
- A great way to discuss Race and Racism with your children is by watching the PBS Kids Talk About: Race & Racism
- You can find a historical lesson here (explaining Juneteenth).
- Here are some ways you and your family may choose to celebrate & learn about Juneteenth
- Check out this children’s book list celebrating Black authors, characters and stories